Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quick Catch Up

I haven't blogged since my bitch-rant a few days ago so let me start by saying most of that has been resolved. Actually virtually all of it has, at least as far as my end of it goes. Things are much better.

Fatty isn't sick anymore, but his sleep schedule is all kinds of whacked out, hence why I'm posting this at 445am. I'm about to go to bed.

I'm starting to feel better about myself physically. Today I waxed my eyebrows and put bright red-purple highlights in my hair and I love it. Shallow? Yes. Makes me feel prettier? Yes. So screw it. I'm not doing the whole "learning to feel comfortable in my own skin" thing anymore. I know what I have to do to feel as pretty as some people (ok, my mom) say I am, so I'm gonna do it. I'm not having surgery, or starving myself, or other unhealthy behavior, nor am I wearing super tight low cut clothing to get attention, so I don't care what other people think.

Also, I seem to have developed a new bitchtastic attitude lately, a very "fuck the world" point of view. I'm enjoying it. For the first time in my life, I say exactly what I need to say, and if you have a problem with it, fuck off. I'm living for me and my son now, I'm done conforming to what society says I'm supposed to be. And you know what? It was a good day.

Today, I was happy.